Monday, May 14, 2012

Feeling CHEF Moment for today :)

My Squid in Olive Oil & Garlic Recipe!



Last week, my mom gave me some frozen squid that I decided to cook today. I had to call my Lola and ask her how to clean the squid. It's easy to clean but there's that really yucky feeling while doing it. I survived though. LOL!!! Anyway, I made up my own yummy recipe of your average squid in Olive Oil and garlic :) You can try my recipe if you want. My husband says it's really good!:)

What you need:
6-8 pcs medium squid
10 tablespoons Olive Oil
10 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons vinegar
a pinch of salt (to taste)
1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce (only if you want to add this)
1 tablespoon brown sugar (again, only if you want a sweet taste)

Crush the garlic then marinade it in the olive oil and salt for about 15-20 minutes. While it's marinating, you can boil the squid in the vinegar. It will take about 5-10 minutes on medium heat. Remove the squid from the vinegar and set aside. Throw away the vinegar and then clean the pan. Get the olive oil, garlic and salt marinade and fry the garlic until it turns brown then add the squid. After about 5 minutes, taste it, if it's okay, then you're good to go. Some people like it as simple as that but I wanted it to be a bit sweet so I added brown sugar and some oyster sauce.:)
Serve with white or brown rice!
If you happen to try this recipe, let me know via twitter: sayalonzo or leave a comment here!:)

1 comment:

  1. i guess this so good to try and taste :) hey...there SAY:)

    ReplyDelete